Innovation Park 2018 TechGrant Program
The Leon County Research and Development Authority (LCRDA) Technology Commercialization Grant (TechGrant) program was first launched in 2005 to demonstrate its commitment to supporting the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Leon County. Since 2005, 24 companies have benefitted from $412,000 in grants awarded for the commercialization of their technologies. Most of those companies are still flourishing in the local community today.
In addition to a cash prize of up to $15,000, winners are awarded with scholarships to attend the Entrepreneurial Excellence Program and are granted exclusive access to the TechGrant Winners’ Circle, a quarterly gathering of past grant recipients that facilitates networking and collaboration.
The LCRDA owns buildings in and manages Innovation Park, a research and development park, by an appointed Board of Governors. The Board is comprised of prominent academic, business, and community leaders who work together to facilitate the growth and development of research into high-tech businesses in Innovation Park. Its mission is to work in affiliation with Florida State University, Florida A&M University, and Tallahassee Community College to promote scientific research and development activities, and foster economic development and broaden the economic base of Leon County, Florida.
Important Dates for the 2018 Program
- January 10, 2018: Applications become available. Click here to view the 2018 Application Packet
- February 12, 2018: TechGrant Application Orientation, 4 p.m., Knight Administrative Centre, 1736 W. Paul Dirac Drive. Please e-mail Denise Bilbow (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let her know you plan to attend.
- March 12, 2018: Applications due (Note: only complete applications will be considered. Application must include: Application Form, Company Profile, signed Applicant Agreement, Business and Commercialization Plan and, if appropriate, Prior Grant Recipient Form.)
- April 11, 2018: Finalists announced
- May 16, 2018: Elevator Pitch Night Event, 5:30 –7:30 p.m., Location– Goodwood Museum and Gardens Carriage House
If you intend to submit an application, please e-mail Denise Bilbow (email@example.com) and let her know.