Annual Innovation Park competition, presented by Hancock Bank and Danfoss Turbocor, gives local early-stage companies access to critical funding and networks.
The Leon County Research and Development Authority (LCRDA), the entity that governs Innovation Park of Tallahassee, announced five finalists have been selected to compete for up to $15,000 in grant funding at the annual TechGrant Elevator Pitch Night, presented by Hancock Bank and Danfoss Turbocor. The event will take place on Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 at 5:30pm at Goodwood Museum and Gardens.
During the event, each finalist will present a five-minute pitch to a panel of judges and an audience of established investors, mentors, and researchers. Two winners will be chosen at the end of the night based on overall scoring.
In addition to receiving grant funding; winners of the TechGrant will also receive scholarships to the Innovation Park Entrepreneurial Excellence Program (EEP) and access to the Entrepreneurs’ Club @Innovation Park, an exclusive networking group of past grant recipients, EEP Alums, and successful local business professionals.
The Innovation Park TechGrant Program was first launched in 2005 to demonstrate its commitment to supporting the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Leon County. Since its inception, 22 companies have benefitted from $387,000 in grants awarded for the commercialization of their technologies. Most of those companies are still flourishing in the local community today.
The 2017 finalists, in alphabetical order, are:
- Axion Technologies has data encryption software to improve cyber securing data
- Command Media, LLC has created a fully integrated mobile learning management platform that helps K-12 students learn the fundamentals of filmmaking
- KynderMed has created a medical device that addresses and helps prevent preterm birth
- Sensatek has created self-powered wireless sensors that measure firing temperature of power generation gas turbines
- WeatherTiger has created a technology that can improve long-range season weather forecasts for the commercial market.
This year’s Elevator Pitch Night is being sponsored by Lewis, Longman and Walker, Parker Services Inc. and several other local partners. For more information about Innovation Park’s TechGrant program please visit: http://innovation-park.com/innovation-park-techgrant-program/. To view other exciting news and events at Innovation Park, visit http://innovation-park.com/.