Position: Director of Marketing and Engagement
for the Leon County Research and Development Authority
Starting Salary: $40,000-$50,000 per year (Full-time)
Benefits: Annual Leave, Sick Leave, 10 Holidays, Health and Life Insurance, Florida Retirement System, and other voluntary employee-paid benefits.
The Leon County Research and Development Authority (LCRDA) is a unique community collaboration of FSU, FAMU, TCC, County, City and private sector leaders which govern a 208-acre research park in Tallahassee, Florida. It is charged with driving innovation-based economic development to recruit, retain and develop organizations which capitalize on Innovation Park’s (IP) research assets focused on magnetics, aero-propulsion, materials, energy, health and life sciences. The mission of LCRDA is to work in affiliation with these partners to promote our region’s research and development assets, and to foster the attraction, startup and growth of private innovative companies that create high wage jobs in Leon County. North Florida Innovation Labs (NFIL) is a non-profit corporation created by LCRDA to provide business incubation/acceleration space and programs to support hard science high impact potential early stage companies.
Position Summary: LCRDA seeks a full-time Director of Marketing and Engagement to market IP and NFIL, as well as their properties, facilities and programs, while building brand awareness inside and outside the community by engaging through traditional and social media, relationship building and delivery of events and programs. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Marketing and Engagement will perform the following duties and responsibilities consistent with the mission and specific goals and strategic objectives of the organization, including but not limited to:
- Marketing & Communications:
- Marketing plan: Work with the Executive Director, Director of Entrepreneurship, and in collaboration with the Tallahassee Leon County Office of Economic Vitality, to develop and execute a marketing plan for IP and NFIL.
- Marketing calendar: Develop and maintain an annual marketing calendar which communicates the marketing plan to the Board and management and reports the effectiveness of each initiative.
- Media and community engagement: Develop media and community relationships, prepare press releases, and appear on TV and radio programs which help build brand awareness, promote the organization, drive participation in organization events and programs, and attract companies to IP.
- Web steward: Maintain the organization website(s) using Word Press including uploading, updating and posting information to the website(s), and maintaining monthly analytics to track website performance activity.
- Newsletter: Create and distribute a monthly newsletter using Constant Contact which promotes the assets and activities of the LCRDA, and the Innovation Park community, as well as the R&D and entrepreneurship related assets and activities of the universities, and the Leon County community.
- Social media: Maintain IP and NFIL Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube accounts, which includes regular posting of announcements, events, relevant news stories, and community partner recognition, as well as maintenance of performance analytics. Adjust use of relevant social media platforms consistent with technology changes.
- Design Collateral: Create collateral (print, video or digital) to support the marketing plan.
- Events & Programs:
- Innovation Park TechGrant Program: Plan and execute the grant program including process documentation, marketing & PR, application forms, sponsorships, judge and mentor recruiting, application scoring, Elevator Pitch Night event, and follow up surveys.
- Innovation Park TechTopics: Plan and execute four TechTopics events per year including topic selection, speaker engagement, venue and presentation technology arrangements, promotion, registration, catering, and event signage.
- Innovation Park e-Club: Plan and execute two e-Club events per year which bring together entrepreneurs from past T-EEP classes and TechGrant winners.
- Innovation Park Technology Entrepreneurial Excellence Program (T-EEP): In conjunction with the Administrative Coordinator, assist the Director of Entrepreneurship in promoting and delivering the T-EEP program.
- Affinity Programs: Work with community resources to develop and promote affinity programs for the benefit of IP organizations and their employees.
- Other duties as assigned
Administrative and Event Support: This position is supported through a shared part-time administrative coordinator.
Educational Requirements: A bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, public relations, communications or related areas of study and five or more years of related experience are preferred, but not required. Note: a higher level of education may substitute for experience at a comparable rate.
Requisite Skills and Knowledge: Successful applicants MUST demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, media engagement experience, event planning experience, and advanced experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite programs, Constant Contact, Word Press, Google Analytics, and social media, including posting to and maintaining a Facebook business page, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
To apply, you MUST complete and submit the LCRDA job application which can be downloaded below. Please email your resume and cover letter in addition to the application to email@example.com. Resumes and cover letters submitted without an application will NOT be considered! Rolling interviews for selected applicants may begin the week of January 27, 2020. All applications received by 8:00 am, January 24, 2020, may be considered for the first round of interviews. Emailed applications are preferred. Additional candidates may be considered for applications received after that date. The position will remain open until filled.
Please download the application form to your computer before completing as changes may not otherwise be saved. http://innovation-park.com/director-of-me-application-form/