Innovation Park of Tallahassee cordially invites you to join us to celebrate the launch of our technology incubator, North Florida Innovation Labs at our Open House! The event will take place on Thursday, October 24th from 3pm-6pm in the newly renovated Collins Building: 2051 E Paul Dirac Dr., Tallahassee, FL 32310.
A ribbon cutting ceremony will take place at 3pm with the Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce. We will hear remarks from Mayor John Dailey, Commissioner Kristin Dozier, and LCRDA Board Chair Kim Moore. Following the ribbon cutting, tours of the space will be conducted to provide interested parties with an inside look at the facility, including the shared wet lab space available for incubator members.
We are happy to announce the Central Pond Trail is now open! Walkers are more than welcome use the trail and can enter at three locations: between the Northwest Regional Data Center and the MagLab, the Knight Administrative Building, and in front of Florida Virtual Campus.
Benches, trash cans, and pet waste disposal stations will be installed soon, so please make sure to properly dispose your waste in the meantime.
We will be hosting a trail opening celebration this fall, so be on the lookout for more information coming in the next month!
The new fiscal year for the Leon County R&D Authority, which manages Innovation Park, started on October 1st. With the change, we are happy to announce our next Executive Committee, and two new Board Members!
Kim Moore, Vice President of Workforce Development at TCC has taken over as the Board Chair. Eric Holmes, Vice President for Research at FSU has taken over the Vice-Chair role, and April Salter, President of SalterMitchell remains as the Treasurer. David Ramsay will remain on the Board as the Immediate Past Chair.
We also have two new members on the Board. Sonjoy Goswami, Vice President of Global Operations at Danfoss Turbocor Compressors, and Kevin Graham, Executive Director of the FSU Real Estate Foundation.
North Florida Innovation Labs recently named its Advisory Group, which consists of subject matter experts who can help the Director of Entrepreneurship provide member services. The members include:
- Reis Alsberry, Director of the Tech Transfer Officer at Florida A&M University
- William Bilbow, Fellow at Danfoss Turbocor Compressors
- Drew Dietrich, Deputy Director of the Office of Economic Vitality
- Brent Edington, Director of the Office of Commercialization at Florida State University
- Bill Hollimon, Registered Patent Attorney at Hollimon P.A.
- Tom Painter, Entrepreneur, SBIR Winner and Research Engineer at the National MagLab
- Wendy Plant, Director of the InNOLEvation® Center for Student Engagement and Instructional Specialist for the Jim Moran School of Entrepreneurship at Florida State University
- Amy Recht, Manager at Beresford Ventures, LLC
- Jim Taylor, CEO of the Florida Technology Council
The North Florida Innovation Labs technology incubator is open and accepting members.
The incubator offers three different types of memberships: Resident, Collaborative, and Virtual. Each membership is geared to fit the individual entrepreneur’s needs.
Danfoss has been named the winner of three 2020 AHR Expo Innovation Awards. The annual awards competition honors the most inventive and original products, systems, and technologies showcased at the International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition (AHR Expo) in the categories of building automation; cooling; green building; heating; indoor air quality; plumbing; refrigeration; software; tools & instruments; and ventilation.
One of the awards includes the Danfoss Turbocor® TG490 Compressor, which won in the Green Building category. This new compressor delivers the industry-leading efficiency with no performance degradation expected of all Danfoss Turbocor® oil-free compressors, along with an environmentally friendly, non-flammable refrigerant that enables compliance with refrigerant regulations and safety codes.
The Prescient Consulting Group recently entered into a partnership with 2019 TechGrant Winner, Footy Training.
In 2020, Footy will launch a soccer training app that will be the “most comprehensive and affordable mobile training tool on the market” according to Armand Dikranian, Footy’s Founder & CEO. The easy-to-use app includes over 500 instructional videos and still shots designed to improve skills and allow users to train and compete against other players.
Josh Davis of Prescient Consulting Group was a judge at the 2019 TechGrant. This partnership demonstrates one of the great benefits of Innovation Park hosting its annual TechGrant competition.
The Food Truck lineup has changed again! We are pleased to announce our new, permanent weekly lineup. Please see below for the updated schedule. The schedule is always subject to last minute changes, so make sure to check out the calendar on the Innovation Park website for the most up to date information.
- Exotic superconducting state lurks at an astonishingly high magnetic field
- “Tallahassee Cassie” is a Robotic High-Stepper
- FSU faculty members receive NIH grant to study long-term role of character traits in heart surgery patients
- FSU honors Lawton Distinguished Professor
- Campus Notes: FSU professors invite community to take a physics class
- Rare ‘Lazarus superconductivity’ observed in promising, rediscovered material
- IInnovation Park to showcase new incubator with wet lab